Remote access tools allow you to connect to your PC or Mac from another computer or mobile device. You can access all of your files, programs and see your desktop as it appears on your actual PC.
We’ve written about remote access tools like GoToMyPC and LogMeIn before, but none have been offered for free on iPad and iPhone until now. LogMeIn now offers its iOS app for free in the app store. If you already have an account with LogMeIn, you can download the app here.
If you aren’t already using LogMeIn, you can get started in just a few short steps. Setting up an account is free and easy.
1. Go to LogMeIn.com and register for a free account.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup your computer for remote access.
3. Download the LogMeIn app on your iPhone or iPad. (There’s an Android version as well, but it costs $29.99)
4. Open the app, and login using your LogMeIn username and password.
5. Click on the mouse pointer icon next to your listed computer:
It’s (Almost) Perfect