Earlier this week, I presented a webinar with tips you can use to protect yourself online. One of the things I discussed was using a VPN service while using a public WiFi network.
There are free readily available tools on the market now that will allow someone to view your unencrypted wireless traffic. When you login to your email or bank on a public wireless network, it is extremely easy for a devious hacker to spy on you and copy your information.
If you regularly connect to public wifi networks, I recommend using a VPN service like hotspotshield.com.
This service encrypts your network traffic so you don’t have to worry about anyone spying on you.
There is a free version (supported by ads) and a paid version that costs $29.95 a year.
Watch the Webinar Recording: What You Can Do to Protect Your Email, Bank Accounts and Business form Cyberattack
- Top Security Concerns for SMB’s
- How to Prevent Data Theft
- How to Tell the Difference Between Legitimate Emails and Spam/Phishing
- Tips for Building Strong Passwords That You Can Actually Remember
- How to Prevent Identity Theft
- …and More!